GENERAL RESPONSIBILITY OF A SESSION CHAIR:
- Introduce the session, and then each author/paper-title before the video playback
- Read the questions to the presenting author during the Q&A period with absolutely no delay on the allocated Q&A slots
- Conclude the session and check attendance
- Make sure the time is not violated (very important!)
DETAILED WEBEX GUIDE FOR SESSION CHAIRS
INITIAL WEBEX SETUP:
Please install WebEx extension to your browser in advance.
Note: It is recommended to install a browser extension as WebEx events are supported better on an extension. We also note that the extension only works on some versions in Linux System.
For MAC users, please enable Security and Privacy Permission for Webex. Support Information for MAC OS and Webex can be found here.
BEFORE A SESSION:
- Please make sure to have the presenter’s short bio/introduction readily available
- Author videos will be played during sessions; authors must be available for the Q&A session, if an author is not present please move on to the next presentation. It will be up to the TPC Chair to decide if the author is a no show and if the paper will be published within the proceedings.
HOW TO JOIN A SESSION:
- An access-controlled page will be created on our website, which will list the registration admission. You will be provided with the required credentials before the conference.
- You can join the WebEx session by clicking on the link to join the event.
- If you are joining the Session before the host has started the event, please wait in the lobby until the host starts the Session.
- Please join your assigned session 10 minutes before start time to test your video camera and audio settings.
DURING THE SESSION:
- Please join the session at least 10 minute in advance, please test your microphone once joined so that the session can start on time.
- Please turn on your video camera during the sessional introduction. This can be done by selecting video connection when joining a WebEx meeting as shown below.
- After introducing the session and the first presenter, we recommend you turn off the video so that the attendees can focus on the talk video.
- You can manage the attendees by clicking on the “View all attendees” link under the Attendee panel.
SESSION CHAIR RESPONSIBILITY FOR Q&A:
- During the play back of presentation videos, please keep track of the questions within the Q&A box on the side-panel (on the right of the WebEx window). If not shown, one can click on the icon shown below to enable the Q&A panel.
- Please indicate a question to be answered by “deferring” it. This will generate an autoreply to the question submitter confirming the receipt of the question.
- After the video play back, unmute yourself and the corresponding author/presenter only. Please make sure to ask orally the questions and according to the FIFO time they were first submitted. If there are minimal questions, feel free to ask some of your own.
- Sometimes the audience may need to clarify their question. In that case, it is upon the discretion of the Session Chair to unmute the attendee who placed the question to make clarifications.
- Please be mindful of the Q&A time limits! We cannot introduce delays on the predetermined slots of each session; it will push other sessions behind.
- After the presenter addressed a question, please indicate it is answered verbally.
- Close the Q&A and session by thanking the presenters/authors and audience for attending. Please indicate any relevant information for the following sessions, if necessary.