GENERAL TIPS FOR ATTENDEES
BASIC SESSION STRUCTURE:
- 10 minutes before the Session: The host will start the designated WebEx meeting.
- 1 minute before the Session: The Session Chair introduces the session.
- Beginning of the Session: The Session Chair will introduce the presenter/author. The Webex Host will play the videos. All attendees and panelist will be muted during the playback of the videos.
A live Q&A Session will follow each presentation/talk, moderated by the Session Chair:
- Attendees will be muted during the sessions and they will have the ability to submit questions during the presentation and after the presentation via the Q&A box.
- The Session Chair will read out loud each question at the end of the presentation, by the order in which they were received, and the Presenter will answer the questions live. We understand that there may not be enough time to ask all the questions and if there is not enough time, it will be announced by the Session Chair.
- The Chair will have the ability to unmute participants if this is needed to elaborate on their questions (please note that due to the limited Q&A duration, participants may want to discuss with the author(s) off-line).
- Each session will have a room Host, a Session Chair, a Presenter(s) and Attendees.
- Host: This individual facilitates the use of the technology and will playback all of the presentation videos
- Session Chair: This individual is present to coordinate the session and manage the Q&A
- For a stable connection to the meeting please check: Webex Best Practices
DETAILED WEBEX GUIDE FOR ATTENDEES
INITIAL WEBEX SETUP:
Please install WebEx extension to your browser in advance.
Note: It is recommended to install a browser extension as WebEx events are supported better on an extension. We also note that the extension only works on some versions in Linux System.
For MAC users, please enable Security and Privacy Permission for Webex. Support Information for MAC OS and Webex can be found here.
HOW TO JOIN THE SESSION:
- An access-controlled page will be created on our website, which will list the registration admission. You will be provided with the required credentials before the conference.
- You can join the WebEx session by clicking on the link to join the event.
- If you are joining the Session before the host has started the event, please wait in the lobby until the host starts the Session.
DURING THE SESSION:
- Session Chair will mute your microphone during the complete Session. In case you would like to ask any questions please read the instructions below.
- You can join the discussion with other attendees by sending messages to “All Participants”.
- You are welcome to use private chat to direct questions to the Session Chair
- When watching the replay of the presentation video, you can adjust the volume of the video/enlarge the view using the embedded player. To get the maximum view of the video, we suggest attendees to expand and view the video in full screen.
- During the playback of presentation videos, you are welcome to ask questions. The instructions are found in the Q&A section below.
- You do not need to announce yourself arriving or leaving a Session.
- As organizers, we would like to ensure a smooth and productive virtual conference. Following the video presentation there is a short Q&A session.
- We request participants to use Q&A panel on the side-panel on the right of the WebEx window. If not shown, one can click on the icon shown below to enable the Q&A panel.
- You can post your questions in the Q&A window anytime during the Session. If you need to refer to the presentation, please indicate clearly the page number of the slides. If there is no page number available, please note down the time of the relevant content.
- At the end of the talk, the Session Chair will read the questions in the sequence in which they were submitted and within the allotted Q&A period.
- The Session Chair will try to cover as many questions as possible depending on the allotted time. In case, some of the questions have not been answered we would request participants to use discussion boards for the same purpose.